Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Funny?

I wanted to share something I noticed while I was talking with a friend not too long ago (If you are a Facebook user, you might have noticed as well).
I post many statuses throughout the days and weeks telling of little things I'm doing. Things like watching movies, who I'm hanging out with, a verse, quotes, or whatever. These statuses of mine usually receive many comments and "likes" from various friends of mine. This, however, is not what troubles me. I have been posting a link to our Sponsor children page on my facebook over the last couple weeks. There has not been one comment from anyone (a few "likes" from others in our Faith Family), but not one from anyone who isn't already supporting these kids. It is very discouraging to me that people tend to stay away from those things that convict them or are of no importance to them. In reality, this is very important! James 1:27 talks about caring for the orphans and widows in their distress. We are all called to this, whether it's adopting or sponsoring. Praise the Lord that 2 of the children have been sponsored so far, but that 2 is out of 20. And that is nothing compared to the other 147 million orphans in the world. It saddens me that people do not realize the needs of these children. They are real and they are HUNGRY!

I just want it to be clear that I'm not pointing out one person in particular or judging anyone. I'm simply sharing my frustration. I have full faith in God that he is going to supply for these children. How wonderful to be a part of something like this! Please pray about it and check out our page! (: To God be the Glory!

5 comments:

Coral Christine said...

Aww Talyor!! You make me cry! This is NO joke! I saw these kids faces and saw they where REALLY hungry! Thanks for sharing girl!!

Praying!!
All4Christ,
Coral

Tonya Brown said...

I think we have had this conversation a time or two! Speak the truth, girl. Love and miss you.

drea said...

Yes, Tay you are right...I have thought that many times. I am praying for each one of these kids to be adopted through sponsorship, right with you girl.

Love you sweet thing!

uhub said...

AMEN, TAY! I'd like to add a thought:

As some are lead to sponsor a child so the "physical man" is fed, we MUST also pray that through this ministry, their "spirit man" will also be fed. Each child that is reached with life-giving bread, must also (and maybe more importantly) received the Bread of Life!!!!

Matthew 25-26 says, "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?"

If one starving child is granted 80 more years, yet dies without Christ, our Father still greives! 2 Peter 3:9 says "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

The purpose of the Great Commission, to go into all the world and make disciples, MUST be at the forfront of every minstry, here or abroad.

All of this to say, when you sponsor a child, remember that the condition of their spirit must also be of utmost importance. PRAY that someone reaches them with the Gospel of Christ & that they accept His forgivness through grace!

amyb777 said...

Preach it girl!